View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2019, 12:09 AM   #3
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,596 Times in 3,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Hoop View Post
Nice that you gave it a go anyway. The weather has been all over the place in western PA. New Year's Day I took Buzzy, my Setter pup, to see if we could find a pheasant. He did, and functioned just fine, pinning a cock in a wooded field edge. I circled ahead trapping around and flushed the bird, the pup stood while I watched as best I could to see where it went. Half an hour latter Buzzy found the same bird for a replay. I could have taken the bird, for me it's better to have him maybe still be around for another day. This was Buzzy's first pheasant experience, and his grouse and woodcock education seems to have his belief system operating so that all birds live in the woods not those boring fields we have to walk through to get to the thickets. Hopeful we can get out a time or two yet.
Brett,

I'm glad to read that you have been able to get out...and find birds. It sure makes the future look good when a pup shows promise. It's easier to live through the off season when you are looking forward to the next phase of your pup's development. Got any pictures of Buzzy?
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote