Unread 10-31-2018, 11:18 AM   #24
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McCormack View Post
I am not surprised at the outcome at all. I examined the gun closely at the Vintage Cup when it was on display there and came back periodically to catch things I may have missed earlier. I found a certain degree of non-excitement in the fact that the gun's documentation described having been sent back to the factory for restocking, new barrel sets, choke alterations and the like. This seemed to diminish the image on face of this being Du Bray's 'personal' and/or 'favorite' gun. Was it in fact one or both, or was it the product of a quest to build the perfect pigeon gun to score that one additional bird, and that may have ultimately become a more appealing example to prospective buyers that DuBray often pitched to at the bigger shoots? I found that very interesting to contemplate.
And why not? It was, after all, duBray's gun to do as he pleased. If it was to kill one more bird, why not? It's all part of the provenance.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote