View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2018, 06:43 AM   #182
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,910 Times in 534 Posts

I have two sets of the Merkel barrels that Galazan had made. They cost about 2k and fitting was offered. I ordered a set and had them fitted and my SN added 200.00 The positives are the barrels are hi quality, well struck, balanced and have .031 of choke in the left barrel or X-Full The right barrel start at .018 and I had mine opened to .009 I use this gun in Kansas for wild roosters and quail. It shoots hard and is perfectly regulated. I am very happy with the barrels for hunting use. The negatives are.....barrel matting does not match, but is quality work. They do not have the wedding band engraved at the breach, I really miss that! And the worst part is the dolls head extension. Its undersize and lacks the factory engraving. These are all cosmetic issues that the barrels make up for in hard hit roosters...(-: I bought my second set right her on our for sale thread, got them and they snapped right onto my two barrel set...sweet I did not change the factory chokes of .018/.031 The have a original set of Kreghoff barrels, they only have .026 of choke in the full barrel. So if you want more choke the Merkel barrels are the choice! If I had one wish....it would have been for 30" tight choked PR 16ga barrels!!!! We are lucky to have them at all! , THANK YOU TOM SKUES SXS Ohio
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post: