View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #9
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,227 Times in 12,373 Posts

Thanks Harry. The barrels are believed to be some of the barrels that were made by Parker Bros. in the three years between 1877 - 1879. This gun was made in 1880 and most likely used a set of 27" sixteen gauge barrels remaining in stock.

.Parker shotgun, serial number 18719, was ordered by the Simmons Hardware Co. of St. Louis MO on April 21, 1880 and shipped on August 31, 1880. According to Parker Bros. Order Book No. 8, it was a $140 Dollar Grade, Lifter Action Hammer Gun, 16 gauge. It featured Damascus steel barrels with a length of 27 inches.

According to Parker Bros. Stock Book No. 7, the barrel steel was Laminated 3. The stock configuration was a pistol grip and its specifications were: Length of Pull: 14 ¼”, Drop at Heel: 3 ½”, Weight: 6 pounds and 4 ounces. The chokes were patterned RH modified and LH full.

According to Parker Bros. Order Book No. 8, the gun was returned on October 20, 1880 by the Simmons Hardware Co. to put on a rubber butt. The gun was to be returned to D.W. Williams of Clarksville, TN. The price was $5.00. According to Parker Bros. Order Book No. 9, the gun was returned on August 2, 1881 by D.W. Williams to take out dents and rebrown, make perfectly clean inside, and tighten up hammers. The price was $5.00.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: