View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2024, 10:29 AM   #21
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,214 Times in 641 Posts

This was another good year on the collecting, shooting and hunting front. I added a new gauge(an 8 gauge) a grade 0 top action hammer gun with 36” twist barrels. I got it from a member and shot it at the southern. I got all the reloading equipment components to keep me busy all winter. It is a fun gun to shoot and I enjoyed the 8 gauge event at the Southern.

I did add a few hammer guns including a very early back action 14 gauge that I also bought from a member. I am working on a display for the southern on that one.

I did add some small bore composite barrel ejector guns to my collection. Some need so work, and I will start that process this year. I just love a damascus or twist gun with ejectors, especially if it’s a 20 or 16 gauge!

On that theme, I closed the year with a straight stocked 30” Damascus DHE 16 gauge on a 1 frame that is everything I would ever want a Parker to be.

On the hunting side, I made a lot of progress with my English setter, who impresses me more and more every day. Together with my Irish Setter/Golden Retriever mix we have had a lot of fun.

Looking forward to a great 2024!
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: