View Single Post
Unread 08-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #9
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Hi Steve,

Most of us have made mistakes in our earlier Parker purchases but if you stick around this web forum you'll learn quite a lot.
It isn't easy to put all the good advice in a nutshell - there are so many pitfalls. But there are so many rewards out there you should be able to do pretty well on your first Parker.
There's nothing wrong with a Repro either. I prefer the 28 ga. Repros for grouse and woodcock but you may want a 20 ga. if you want a repro at all. I will say that the 28 ga. Repro is a great carry gun for those hunts that last more than a few hours. And it handles more like an original Parker (in my opinion) than the 20 or 12 Repros.

If you would prefer an original Parker, my advice is to look around in gun shops that may carry a fair supply of classic American guns, attend gun shows that may have some vendors who sell these old guns. Finally, watch gunbroker. com or Guns International or Guns America.

Tell us where you live and maybe somebody in your area will give you pointers or take you to a few gun shows.

Good Luck
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: