View Single Post
Parkers, Puppies, an Pheasants
Unread 11-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #1
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,829 Times in 2,017 Posts

Default Parkers, Puppies, an Pheasants

I am just so darned happy with these 2 young setters. They are obeying nicely, pointing staunchly, backing each other, and retrieving fairly well.
I hunted little Doodle by herself first, she worked a runner nicely, and when it flushed, I
knew I had only broken a wing with the little VHE 20, so I gave it the 2nd barrel also. Doodle found it quickly, and seemed to have it, but it took off running, and we never found it--my bad shooting, not her fault.WEnt back to the truck for the 2 old dogs and they couldnt locate it either.
Moved the truck a half mile, and put Willow out by herself, hadnt gone 25 yds when she snapped into an intense point, I walked in and killed the rooster. Went back to the truck, and put Doodle down with Willow. They hunt well together. Doodle hit a nice point, Willow was backing, and I made sure to swing past the birds head at the flush--no more runners!! Doodle has a hard time retrieving these big cock birds, but she tries. We had 2 more productive points on the way back to the truck, but I was limited out.
Cant seem to upload pics--will try separately