View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,693 Times in 871 Posts

Eric,

Here is the web site. Hal on the site sells it. He has multiple loads that he has developed. But he asks that when you buy from him and he shares the loads with you, that you don't share with anyone and I respect that. A pound costs $47 and #9s are all you need for turkeys and #7s for geese. The penetration is remarkable, as I could not believe the #9 would leave its imprint in steel at 40 yards. My only complaint is that no load uses common wads and they are available at Ballistic Products. But I doubt I'll ever shoot all 250 wads in my lifetime, and I had to buy both 20s and 12s.

They are killing turkeys with 28s and .410s at 40 yards.

https://www.tungstensupershots.com/

Here is a chart that shows 1.5 inch penetration with 9s into gelatin at 70 yards the same as lead 9s at 15 yards!

I see the shot is now $53/pound. Tariffs taking effect. I guess I'll have to operate on any turkey I kill to recover the shot from him.

http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/...sities.267784/

There are examples of the shot traps on there. Mine cost me $35 and scrap wood from a concrete project, and yesterday with three shots I recovered $9 worth of shot. Unless you don't mind throwing $3 an ounce away to test, the trap should be made before shooting these. That's what took me the longest, waiting to build the trap. They do caution that this stuff will kill so far that one has to be careful with your backdrop. I had flyers that went around the trap I am sure. Like a dummy, I made a holder for a roll of construction paper like one buys at Lowes and had it above the trap so I could roll it down and staple over the trap. Well the first shot filled it with holes, and it appears many layers deep into the roll. Powerful stuff.

Last edited by Jerry Harlow; 04-01-2018 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: Current price of shot.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote