View Single Post
1888 Grade 2 Hammer Won Today:
Unread 08-18-2021, 05:35 PM   #1
Bruce P Bruner
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,941 Times in 361 Posts

Default 1888 Grade 2 Hammer Won Today:

I was the only bidder on this 1888 #1 frame Parker 30" 12 gauge today. I'm as pleased as punch. When I saw the butt stock figure in the wood I just had to have it. The bores aren't perfect but when I'm 133 years old my bores won't be perfect either. Barrels have no dents or cuts, a very good thing. Seller said Cylinder x Cylinder with his drop in gauge but that's okay, we'll pattern it and find out what the cardboard says. It's said to be tight on face and locks up solid. Not that these old beaters bring much but at $1K OTD my addiction is cured for the moment. The stock is almost worth the chips laid out, unbelievable furniture for a Grade 2. Yup, there's certain risk not knowing the detailed wall thickness but when I decide to roll the dice there's no stopping me. I can't decide whether to have a magician redo the barrels or just shoot and enjoy it as is. There's no rush, better to decide when the gun is in hand anyway. The PGCA will undoubtedly receive another $40.00 donation for the details. Please pardon Mr. Bell's thumb. Observations anyone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parker Hammer-1.jpg (153.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Parker Hammer.jpg (133.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Parker Hammer-2.jpg (133.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Parker Hammer-6.jpg (150.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Parker Hammer-5.jpg (131.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Parker Hammer-7.jpg (125.0 KB, 31 views)
Bruce P Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bruce P Bruner For Your Post: