View Single Post
20ga Lifter at Julia's auction
Unread 03-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #1
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

Default 20ga Lifter at Julia's auction

I was just looking at the Parker's listed for tomorrows auction in Maine. I am not going to bid BUT I will be watching item #1314. It is a 20 gauge lifter presented in a nice case and it has an estimate value set at $12,500 - $17,500. If it sells in that range, I think I'll be kicking myself for not bidding. But, I have to draw a line somewhere so ..... it's a time in my life to think of selling and not buying so I'll just be watching from the sidelines.

A 20 ga. lifter is a rare bird indeed. Going on the data in The Parker Story, Parker only made 54 20 ga. hammer guns in all grades total (lifter + top lever) and of those only 13 were lifters (all grades) and of those only 4 were grade two guns. So, this gun is one of 4 grade 2 in 20 gauge! This gun has been worked on but being so rare, I think it will sell higher than the estimate???? I have been told that the market is soft now, so maybe they are correct, but it will be interesting to watch this one!!!!

I may just drive up to watch this one sell. FYI - for those that don't know me, I like Parker hammer guns and the lifters are my favorite of them all.
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Robin Lewis For Your Post: