Thread: Best 20 G hull
View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #44
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

I quoted from a 2004 Accurate Reloaders Guide about pressure does not effect recoil. Here it is:" Recoil: This is certainly the most discussed aspect of the shotgun shooting sport, and this is understandable so, because it determines the " comfort " of shooting hundreds of rounds in quick succession. Because it's such a subjective issues/subject, the conclusions and recommendations are most of the time unfortunately shrouded in confusion, and corrupted by improper comparisons.
Normal physics still do apply, and in this case Newton's Third Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. Formula: Mass of bullet+ mass of powder X velocity = mass-gun X velocity-gun. "
I don't see pressure anywhere in the formula. They go to write about the shooter, because he's holding the gun, becomes part of the equation. This is where felt recoil comes into play.
So, I'm not just giving my opinion, but quoting what a powder company has written in a reloading manual. Hope this clears a thing or two up.
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!