View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2018, 08:21 PM   #9
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have a question for you big bore gun guys. What is the recoil like on those 10 gauge and bigger guns. I have never shot a 10 gauge or bigger gun before. In a 12 gauge pump have shot many 3 inch shells at ducks and even a dozen or so 3.5 inch shells for turkey. Pump gun weighs about 8 pounds and man those 3.5 shells can push you around. I don't mind shooting a 3.5 inch roman candle with 2 ounces of #5 shot at turkeys, that comes at a price though. First 10 shots were back to back trying to pattern the gun and find with a load gave its best pattern. All I can say is that patterning day was punishment and price to pay to get a load I feel comfortable shooting up to 50 yards with a strong ethical kill. Not worried about shot stringing but even at 60 yards that combo twice put 12 pellets on a target in the kill zone.

Average built guy about 6 feet, 190 lbs and know about getting knocked around from sports and growing up on a gentlemen's farm. All I know is that after about 5 shells on those 3.5 inch shells you have to be dang mindful of the flinch as combined effect just rattles the fillings. If those guns kick about the same as my setup then just wondering how big a fellas are you and will be pretty wary about picking any fights with you hombres.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote