View Single Post
Fall Classic
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
John Liles
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Fall Classic

Hello All! I'll try to post a picture of my daughter, Alyssa (Lizard) Liles at this years Fall Classic in Georgetown. She had been having some gun fit issues with her 12ga Elsie Pigeon Grade, when Carl Brandt suggested that maybe an elevator pad would be just the ticket. Dr. Truitt happened to be toting a 34" Parker 16ga, and Carl snapped this photo during an impromptu fit-up session in the parking area (Parkering Area?). In any event, the gun seemed to fit and Dr. Truitt was kind enough to let her try it out at the Team Challenge venue. Her score ended up 4 birds higher than it had been the day before with her Pigeon gun, and Dr. Recuriter, er I mean Truitt, offered to let her shoot it in the Main Event the following morning. She ended up Runner Up Lady, only bested by two birds, in the main event. Elevator Pad on order for her Elsie, nuff said!
Just another example of the camaraderie present amongst us vintage type guys. If I understand correctly, that 34" 16ga "loaner" from Dr. Truitt was one-of-a-kind, and Lizard considers herself mighty lucky to have had a chance to shoot it in the event. She'll be 20 this year, and this was her 4th Southern SXS attendance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010633.jpg (529.6 KB, 7 views)
John Liles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John Liles For Your Post: