Forum Associate

Member Info

Inventory complete, and I got things assembled - with no parts left over
20240224_133409.jpg
20240224_133417.jpg
20240224_145558.jpg
20240224_145637.jpg
The only parts I'm missing are:
1) trip spring and pin. easy enough to make.
2) locking bar tension spring. Either the crass or the flues version spring should work, and they were only about $6 each at Numrich. The flues is 3-4 coils shorter than the crass. If neither works, I think if I double up ar15 trigger springs, which I have a bunch laying around, I can get close to the tension required.
3) safety bar. From alcavigila's picture index, I think the crass safety bar is the same. Numrich had one at ~$20
4) Safety/trigger lock bar (T shaped). Can't find one. If someone has dimensions, I think it's easily made. If not, I think I can trial-and-error make one off of alcavigila's picture relative what's around it.

The action works fine, after figuring out the correct install of the mainsprings. I'll do a separate post for just that, since I found a more efficient means of install than what was in other posts on this forum, as well as solved the loop vs. v-spring issue that was in another thread here.

There is the usual blowout in the stock. I have the large piece that broke off, but not the very top shard.
20230823_202955.jpg
So we will have that to deal with when I get to it. I will epoxy on the main piece just to hold it in place. Square off the top with a chisel, then drill a hole parallel to the wrist to insert a loosely fitted threaded rod. I will then drill a corresponding hole in a block of walnut, and insert a threaded rod loaded up with more epoxy. Lastly carve the topmost new wood and blend all the color (epoxy gets died black to look like grain) and hopefully pass the 10 foot stare test. Bedding the inner recoil nub when I'm done should prevent this kind of blowout from ever happening again. Guys with any old firearm with this kind of tock design, I highly recommend glass bedding the recoil surfaces. If nothing else, it will make these old stocks last in serviceable condition for at least another lifetime after you.
Samuel Gross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samuel Gross For Your Post: