View Single Post
Unread 09-08-2020, 10:58 AM   #13
David Hammond
PGCA Member

Member Info

I don't understand why there would be no information on my Parker. Please see the following description that the dealer in MI where I purchased the Parker. "Parker GHE 20ga 3” chamber with 32” barrels choked mod/full with miller single trigger splinter forearm pistol grip stock. This gun is one of only 40 Parker GHE model guns with 32” long barrels. Purchased the gun from Vintage Firearms of Grand Rapids MI on 01JL2018 S/N188911. This GHE, sn18891, shipped in 1920, was modeled after the highly sought after WIDGEON DUCK CLUB GUNS. Famed Parker salesperson Arthur W. duBray had colluded with R.F. Cross, President of the Widgeon Duck Club, to come up with heavy, hard-hitting 20 bore guns to keep things more sporting at the club. Chambered at 2 7/8" to shoot the new 3" shell that had been introduced in 1912, with 32" M/F barrels and a 20ga. on the #1 (16ga.) frame, these guns have earned their place in history and are highly coveted by shooters and collectors. This is a very rare opportunity to own a piece of history, and a gun of great usefulness. Vintage sporting clays shooters are always after long barreled, heavy for gauge Parkers as the recoil factor is greatly diminished, and the long heavy barrels keep you swinging through the target. Another nicety is the very hard to find Miller Single Selective Trigger, the best single selective trigger every devised. This fine Parker has been nicely Turnbull restored and is in perfect mechanical condition. They only made 992 GH grade Parkers in 20ga., only 40 with 32" barrels. THIS IS A RARE PARKER WITH LONG BARRELS AND SINGLE SELECTIVE TRIGGER".
Thank you, David D. Hammond
David Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote