View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #22
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,593 Times in 3,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Flanigan View Post
Beautiful Gordon's Gary. They are absolutely classic gun dogs. We see far too few of them today. I always wanted to own a Gordon, but never had the opportunity. You are a fortunate man to have a house full of them. I am in totally sync with you about making sure each of our dogs feel special.
Thanks, Tom. We fell in love with Gordons after our first one many years ago. She was a dog bred to be hunted from horseback and was a challenge to train and handle. But, she was a bird finding machine. I've also been fortunate to have two "once-in-a-lifetime" males that handled all the birds we hunt and were true grouse dogs. I know Gordons are not for everyone, but they are great companions, true one family dogs, and too smart for their own (and sometimes our) good. And, generally, they have extraordinary noses.

I enjoy all bird hunting breeds, but setters in particular, no matter their color or country of origin. To me they are like a finely engraved shotgun -- especially a Parker! -- beautiful to behold and a pleasure to live with.

I've enjoy reading of your pup's progress and have appreciated the photos. Keep us posted.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: