View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2020, 06:30 AM   #19
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Hi Ian,

I'm a really patient person, but, as you refuse to understand, and I'm all done explaining, you've got your wish. Seriously. You are set! You are absolutely anonymous... In fact...

When you log into your account, you are part of this community. You are able to post, reply to posts, even start new threads. But - you don't exist... Threads you start only you and I and Jeff will see (like this thread). If you reply to posts, folks will get an e-mail notice that you posted - but, your post "won't exist" to them, but you'll see it. And no, you certainly are not banned - BUT - you have total and complete anonymity. It's sort of, no actually - EXACTLY like "It's a Wonderful Life" and you are Jimmy Stewart who was granted his wish...

But one thing to keep in mind - where you are adamant that "other sites" don't know who you are? You are living under a false impression, my friend. They know exactly who you are, which sites you come from, what you read, what you clicked on, etc. That's how they serve up targeted banner ads which monetize that site. You'll find no banner ads here, no tracking cookies, no selling of data, no Adsense. But - what you will find in this community - is - well - "community"....

By the way, for those who are "Subscribed" to this thread, you will get the notice I posted this - BUT - when you click on the link to "take you to it" - this thread doesn't exist, as Ian originally authored this thread - and well, as of now - he is completely anonymous in this community.

Have a great day!

John D.
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post: