View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2020, 12:53 AM   #17
MrBojangles
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dunkle View Post
Ian - allow me to be right up front.

First - "Search Bots" can not log into the forum - what THEY see are "MrBojangles". Just like "Unregistered users" - they "see" no real names if a screen name is used (as you do), nor is any information parsed to any web bots. Don't believe me? Try this....

Log OUT of this forum - and then take a look. What YOU see is what any Google, Go Daddy, MSN, Dig, - name that search bot - sees.... Yep - even the list of folks "On-Line" at that time isn't displayed....

If that is unacceptable - I'd suggest NOT visiting any existing website. The "personal data" isn't "here" in this forum - it's kept in your Cookie Data retained in your browser - not here. Your browser retains ALL the sites you visit, how often, how long you stay on that site, whatever... That's what Google, Amazon, and all the rest track you with.

I'd be more than happy to delete your account and make all your posts disappear - that's easy. But - I'd suggest the problem isn't here.

John D.
Let's discuss further, but if one searches my name on the internet, references to the Parker forum appear a few pages in. NOT the case with any other forums I belong to.

It may come down to deleting my account and all my posts but also what has to happen is my name needs to disappear from where it appears when I am quoted by others.

On other forums anonymity is maintained to a point. Some posters know who I am, and, likewise, I know who they are. But any member of the forum and no outsiders cannot see individual names--except on the private side of the forum. Internet searches do not identify my name with that site.

So, please inform as to the removal of my name when it appears as quoted and I will decide how to proceed.

I'm sorry it might come to this.

BTW, on other sites where anonymity is mostly maintained it's still kept civil. Administrators will penalize if it is not.
Ian Civco is offline   Reply With Quote