View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Jim Signore
Forum Associate

Member Info

I had it open last night, no cracking that I saw anywhere. I know there's not a lot right with it as I was able to remove the wood without removing the sears. Just seems odd to me that someone would've restocked and done a perfect wood to metal fit on the outside and such shoddy work on the inside. But then again, hogging out the inletting inside for no apparent reason is just as odd I suppose. And yes the screws could have been swapped out, I know the bow screw isn't original but all the rest were able to be installed and timed correctly. Even still though without that lower tang screw in it should still be somewhat tight to the wood with all the other screws in, or so I would think, and it's not. Either way, just looking to make it shootable, it's current condition it is not. A few rounds in I'm sure I'd have a broken mess on my hands as loose as everything is. I don't have a lot in it, but the cost to restock or trying to find a takeoff 1 frame 16 wood doesn't seem cost efficient. I figured use what I have and put in some glass or some scraps of wood to take up the slack and make it shootable again.
Jim Signore is offline   Reply With Quote