View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2021, 03:00 PM   #13
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,798 Times in 2,013 Posts

I like the 3/4oz load with International clays and DR16 wad a lot, but most of the time load/shoot the 7/8 oz with Universal clays and SG16 wad.
Back to the powder migration issue with Claybuster 16 ga wads, I also posed the issue on the 16 ga forum. I got good info from PGCA member Garhart and others that by flaring the rim of the powder cup, the migration issue becomes non-existant. The cup can be flared by rolling the edge of the cup along the metal rim of another shotgun shell(12 is easier to hold on to). I tried it, and it works--havent shot any yet however. Kind of a pain, but the Claybuster wads are cheaper, American made, and I've got a thousand of them. I can flare the rim while mindlessly watching TV, as he suggests. In 2 1/2' loads, I also cut about an 1/8" of the wad petals, but that probably isnt necessary.
Now, got to find a good load to use up the bags of old R16 and SP16 wads taking up space .