View Single Post
Unread 11-11-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
WilliamGuest
PGCA Member

Member Info

It's been on here a couple times. It's a 1893 GH 16 0 frame with 28" damascus barrels. Picked it up a few years ago, was well used but looked after. Original PG stock wasn't in too bad of shape I guess, varnished probably a couple times of the years, wear and tear from 100+years of hunting and shooting. Barrels were gone pretty much white and do have pitting in bores although still shot worthy. Stock dimensions were way off for my preference. I decided I wanted a Restoration, It's going to do me the rest of my life and wanted it to be "made for me" so I decided originality wasn't a big issue to stick with. Along the way I picked up an extra set of 20 gauge steel 26" barrels, 2 3/4"chambers which just so happened to be a drop in fit (of which it's wearing in this pic). Chris Dawe did a restock on the little gem with straight English style for me (which I prefer for looks but also handling), we decided to keep the original forend as it wasn't in too bad of shape, and just do a refinish on that. He refinished my Damascus barrels as well, and had the receiver and other parts sent to Oskar Kob to be re-coloured.
WilliamGuest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WilliamGuest For Your Post: