View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #4
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,541 Times in 4,621 Posts

$5k may get you factory style traditionally cut A-1 engraving. With a little gold. And that is a price for JUST the engraving. Then add in rust bluing and case hardening on top of it. If you want more modern style Bulino engraving, you should double your engraving budget, or more.

Geoffroy Gournet has some examples of engraved guns on his website that include pricing for the work on the pictured guns. It may be a good thing for you to look at.

The going rate for an in the white A-1 two barrel set is usually in the $10k range. Give or take. The wood on these guns is fully finished and needs nothing, unless there is handling marks on it.

Last year one of these guns popped up on Gunbroker that was an ITW A-1 12g. single barrel gun that had been blued and case hardened, but not engraved and it sold for only $3,500. That was a great buy and would put you way ahead if you were to redo it with engraving. Funny enough, I saw the same gun on a dealer's table at the Southern for just over double what it sold for on GB. Of course I only assume it is the same gun.

CSMC has a 20g. just like the 12g. I mentioned above, but it is priced around $9k if I recall.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!