Thread: .410 /chambers
View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #4
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,318 Times in 755 Posts

I will maybe tomorrow Rich. This little girl has a scaled frame, and although a “store brand” (JJ Weston) guild gun, the wood, fit and finish are way better than many examples I have seen. The gun weighs a hefty 4 pounds 6 ounces! A fair amount of case remaining, and decent black and white figure on barrels. Bores perfect.....but someone dropped it, and the horn plate is busted, and the toe is damaged. Mechanicals are perfect, and a little elbow grease is removing the surface corrosion and gunk on the barrels. 27 inch barrels. The balance is ahead of the hinge, so cleaning up the butt, and adding a thick leather covered pad should restore balance (if a 4 pound gun needs balancing), plus make it a little closer to the 14 3/4” lop I like.

The gun has black powder proofs, but chambers are over 2 1/2”, so I need to do some research to see if the pressures of say 410 AA are way more than the black powder loads of the same size.

Really happy with this gun! I shoot 410 at doves more often than not, and look forward to whackng both Doves and Snipe with this little nipper!