View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2023, 12:42 PM   #27
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,017 Times in 2,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Walker View Post
This is a new to me 0 Grade lifter . No. 2 frame with 30” Damascus marked barrels that ring true .Nice shiny bores with just a couple small pits . On face and very solid overall. Wood fits tight and is free of cracks . Checkering is excellent and well defined. Serial #13076.
Picked her up at a local shop it had just come in with a bevy of other guns from a WW 1 veterans estate . It was covered with dust and some mold. It honestly looked bad but the bore looked clean . I took a chance and picked it up for $350 out the door. I spent a couple hours cleaning it up carefully as to not harm any of the underlying finish that had patina. I think it cleaned very nicely and I am thrilled with the purchase. This is my first lifter and I do plan on shooting it .

I have a couple other later Hammerless Parker’s so this is not my first Parker. I am however not familiar with the Lifter models. I’m am curious as to the value in the current market ?

Also since I plan on shooting it any advice on do and donuts or care for the lifter model would be greatly appreciated.
That’s a beautiful gun for your first lifter action. That’s an even better price!! You did well.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!