Thread: paper hulls
View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #18
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

I used to have a trailer I kept down there in the first row by the gate. Ya, they still shoot twice a year for the main shoots. My first spot was next to the pistol range along side the trap range. We would shoot pistol all day and trap at night. Did that for about 20 years. Paul, with your light loads you will have to lead em more. For a bit I was shooting 95grs of FF and 1oz of shot. Boy it sure did boom, but the leads were the same as shooting nitro. Think that was a bit more than needed. One night while shooting under the lights with nitro, a friend was shooting twice whenever he missed. About station 6 he was running short of shells, so I gave him one of mine. Now he was shooting a Browning O/U with ported barrels. I kind of got behind him because when he touched off that shell with 95grs of smoke the flame came out the side of the barrels and he almost threw the gun up and away. I was called every name in the book as everyone else was laughing their a** off. He finally said, " damn it, I should have known better than to ask you for a shell, I thought I blew the gun up ". I still get one or two guys a year out in sporting clays.