View Single Post
New gun ,new member.
Unread 12-24-2016, 08:10 AM   #1
John Coory
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New gun ,new member.

Cheers and Christmas greetings to all from South Australia.
Had the good fortune to stumble upon a VHE Parker when asked to value items from a deceased estate recently.
Knowing nothing of the marque, (Parkers are super-rare in Australia) led me to this forum and a rapidly accelerating learning curve.
Long story short, I bought the gun and have spent the last two weeks reversing its habit of double discharge (nearly bit my tongue off) and giving it a thorough clean and tidy inside and out. Problem solved.
I believe I have a live pigeon gun of 1916 manufacture, though I would value any steerage on this matter.
Full choke on both barrels, mid bread on rib, no safety fitted and trap gun-like stock dimensions.
Solid lock up, mirror barrels internally, all intact mechanically save for a broken forend lever spring. (suggestions?)
Wood and checkering in superb condition with 100 years patina looking splendid.
Action freckled (which came away with gentle persuasion) barrel blue almost factory fresh.
A totally original piece with which I intend to tax my bbq with delicious, plump quail, when in season.
One wonders where this unit resides in terms of collector value and desireability, given the array of Parker guns.
Kind regards to all.
John
John Coory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Coory For Your Post: