View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2019, 04:59 PM   #17
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,538 Times in 4,621 Posts

Careful with talking about firing the gun a dozen times or more on an inspection period. Traditionally inspection periods are considered “no shooting”. Unless it is clear between you and the seller on that point, they may have an issue with it being shot.

Though I appreciate the thought that I may have the answer to your issue, I cannot say that I do. I do have a good working knowledge of the Parker gun and its parts, but when it comes down to it, I am a stock maker who gets into mechanical work as needed. And I do not consider myself a single trigger mechanic by any means.

It does not make much sense to me that the trigger works fine dry, but not when live firing.
Yes, a general inspection and cleaning is the first step in trying to sort out issues like this.

In regards to returning the gun, if you like the Repro 28g then that is great news. The guns were pretty much all built the same, so the feel and fit of another one should be the same as the one you have. And there are a lot on the market to choose from by way of condition , wood figure and price.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!