View Single Post
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #14
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,252 Posts

Hello Brian, nice to hear from you. The engraving is done and right now I don't have any more Parkers to have engraved but when Brad B. finishes his work on the 12 ga VH I bought from you, I'll have that medallion engraved the Newell initial as well.

Brad's also doing some restoration work for me on a nice little 20 ga Trojan that I picked up on line a number of months ago and this will be a present to my grandson when he reaches 12 yrs of age. I'm thinking that I might ask Brad to install a medallion on the Trojan stock (even though they did not have them from the factory I believe) and have Logan's initials engraved to more 'personalize' his first gun for him. Just a thought that's rolling around in my head. (please and thank you, I don't need anyone coming back to me telling me not to 'screw up an original Trojan) I may drop by Dan Cullity's shop when the VH comes back to me from Brad (Feb 14?) and see what his timeline is (and price). I know Dan's work is world renowned (as is his price). John Perry in Wells, Me only charged me $25 each which I felt was very reasonable and I got to hear his life story which was equally fascinating especially his long range sniper missions in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and later in South America. A remarkable life for any one man or woman.
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote