View Single Post
Grandfather's Parker. Any info/help would be appreciated. Photos!
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
Dane Atkinson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Grandfather's Parker. Any info/help would be appreciated. Photos!

Hi everyone,

One of my grandfathers passed away last year and I received his Parker SXS. It has sat in a gun cabinet until recently when I purchased a CZ Ringneck SXS to get into shooting a SXS for skeet, 5 stand, pheasants and grouse and became more interested in the Parker. I don't know much about the gun or its value but I have seen similar ones going for 5,000 at auctions. I do not plan on selling it and would like to shoot it eventually. Most of the screws are ruined, and also the buttpad screws are missing. I have found replacement screws online and was wondering what anyone thinks about having the stock refinished, rebrown the barrels, etc... and if it is worth it. Here is some info on it:

Serial # 111805
Year = 1902
Frame Size = 2 (12 Gauge)
Grade = DH Grade 3? (It has a D and a 3 above the D on the water table.)
* I also read that this is the Lowest Grade of Custom
It is Hammerless double trigger with Damascus barrels

This gun has been worked on or at least tampered with and by looking at it I would give it a C or poor condition. But maybe you guys can give me your opinion. The safety is very stiff to push forward and it does shoot. (did not shoot any rounds through it, just pulled triggers) Here are the pictures. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parker1.jpg (496.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Parker2.jpg (33.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Parker3.jpg (53.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Parker5.jpg (32.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Parker6.jpg (486.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Parker4.jpg (47.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Parker7.jpg (47.3 KB, 38 views)
DaneRAtkinson is offline   Reply With Quote