View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2017, 05:00 PM   #17
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,175 Times in 12,362 Posts

My intent here is NOT to be contrary or to start an argument so I'll try to be 'soft-spoken' and present this more as a question because I really want to learn, rather than be argumentative...

Regarding any engraving on a Parker of any grade being "attributed to Loy" my question goes something like this...

In all the time I have spent in researching engravers who embellished Parker guns with their art, I have never once seen or read anywhere, including The Parker Story or anywhere on the Internet, be it in archives of factory engravers or contract engravers or on the various BBS forums where known experts have made statements to the point.....
That Joe Loy ever did contract engraving for Parker Bros. It is a known fact that he did wonderful work for Ithaca and Remington and there is even the possibility that he may have contracted to engrave a very few Parkers under Remington ownership - but never in the Meriden days, that I have ever heard of or read of.

So, my question is this (for the education of myself as well as all of the readers of this forum), can anyone provide bona fide documentation of a single Parker shotgun engraved by Joe Loy..... or proof that he ever contracted with either Parker Bros. or Remington Arms Co.?

Please accept my apologies for subverting Brian's excellent thread on "Putting a CHE back on face..."

If the administrator or a moderator wishes to remove this post and start a new thread with it.... Please do so.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote