View Single Post
Unread 12-21-2021, 12:19 PM   #20
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,099 Times in 421 Posts

I have pieces of two. The first is a grade 3 10 ga(A) with 9ga barrels, 30" Parker laminate barrels, size 3 frame. Built 1880. The stock was not original so I repaired the broken replacement and inlet it as a pattern. Dan Rossiter has duplicated a new one with forearm from a Circassion blank I sent him and I believe it is on its way back. I am scheduled to send the barrels to Breck next week.

The second I just bought at auction and it has been shipped. It is an early lifter (1874) that looks to be somewhat equivalent to a grade 2 with 30" Damascus barrels. The ad listed it as a 12 gauge. However the serialization book lists it as a 10 gauge. I believe this is before the order books, so I presume the data came from a stock book. The lookup on the website states that info is available for the gun. I have already requested a letter. I contacted the FFL selling the gun and he said he based the 12 gauge ID on the fact that a 12 ga snap cap dropped in and fit. I purchased the gun because of the price. My guess, based on the data in the serialization book and what the dealer told me is that it is a 10 gauge with 10 (B) barrels. No idea of frame size. Right now it's kinda like a treasure hunt. Hope to have some pictures of progress in a month or so.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post: