View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #19
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Harlow View Post
Frank,

I did not pattern with lead but today I patterened again with TSS, and even using another gun, a 12 Trojan with .039 in the left barrel and the 12 VHE again.

Again at 40 yards shooting off a Led Sled, the guns pattern to the right greatly. Thus I am sticking to my theory they are regulated for a closer distance. I will have to remember this tomorrow if I get a chance. The 12 VHE is up first.

But most surprising is the 20 gauge one ounce TSS put more pellets in the turkey target's head than the 12s, and that was true with the Fox SW and the Franchi 48-AL. But there would have been so many body shots in all of them that nothing could escape since the TSS will go through the turkey.
Good luck, hope you get a bird. That is interesting your experience with the 20 gauge but that is why you pattern things. As precise as we try to be we all are still dealing with the chaos of mini explosion scattering a bunch of pellets all over the place and hopefully more of them hit the intended target than not. Some setups just pattern better than others.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post: