View Single Post
new forum member
Unread 01-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default new forum member

I am 65 years old, my wife and I live in northern lower michigan. I have not hunted in about 40 years, getting ready to sell a business and semi retire. I recently joined this site and the fox site. I am looking to eventually purchase a side by side shotgun hopefully in a 20 gauge. Is there a link, or place I can go to research the parker shotgun. I don't know much about older guns at all, and see there is a reproduction, i am wondering about purchasing a reproduction vs. an older shotgun etc. Double triggers vs. single trigger, things like that. I purchased a beretta o/u 20 gauge with 5 chokes and it will take a 3" shell. I am planning on getting a gun fitting this spring, the gun place has several old side by sides and new ones too. The beretta has 26" barrels, and it feels to short, almost "whippy" but its also nice to carry in heavy cover. My brittany breeder has just offered to let me try an older winchester 12 gauge sxs with 30" barrels for pheasants to see how I like shooting that type of older gun. Just looking to learn more about older side by sides in general. Any advice/help would be appreciated. And below my post it says instant e mail notification, which is where I leave it for notifications to this thread? Thank You
Ed Norman is offline   Reply With Quote