Thread: New Parker
View Single Post
New Parker
Unread 09-09-2017, 11:49 PM   #1
KyleGerman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New Parker

Thanjs for accepting my invitation to the group. I'm an avid hunter and somewhat of a collector by default. I am the sole hunter/gun lover in the family who has benefited from 4 sets of Grandfather's who also hunted. Side note- I have all sorts of interstimg firearms as a result.

My most recent acquisition, and very luckily I might add, is a Parker shotgun. My Father in law passed earlier this year and my mother in law sold the home. We got a call 2 days ago from the new resident of the home that they had found a "secret" closet in the home and there were some guns in it. They thought we should have them. Thank goodness for honest people.

They had been sitting in old gun cases, probably for the last 50 years, so the condition isn't great. I've cleaned them up and begun my research on the Parker specifically. It has initials in the trigger guard followed by a #1. I knew his family owned one however we thought they were lost. They were the original and only owner.

So my next question... Is is worth it to have the gun refurbished. My guess is it needs a great cleaning and the rust taken off the barrel? Basically there is rust everywhere however that looks like the only problem. The end of the barrel is a mess as you'll see however the bore looks nice

Thanks for your time and opinions in advance. Kyle

Specifics:
Made in 1922
Grade GH
Special steel
And I believe it is a GHE
12 gauge

Amy advice on the gun and input is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1161.jpg (498.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1162.jpg (496.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1164.jpg (483.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1163.jpg (493.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1160.jpg (493.2 KB, 9 views)
KyleGerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KyleGerman For Your Post: