View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2020, 07:17 PM   #9
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,233 Times in 12,376 Posts

I've spent a lot of time in the last three weeks in my gun room sorting through all the stuff in there I have been neglecting for the past 4 1/2 years.
I have made it a habit to print important email correspondence with folks like Bill Tapply, Austin Hogan, Art Wheaton, Allan Swanson, Charlie Price, Mark Conrad, Dan Harnden, Dave Trevallion, Charlie Herzog, several of the authors of Parker Pages articles and stories... I mean the list just keeps going on and on.... I've been really getting lost in all this stuff and really losing sight of what I first had intended to do. I'm getting lost in the memories as I work on my book and re-read my stories of long-ago times at grouse camp, deer camp, turkey camp - the men who started it all back in the fifties and sixties and who are now all gone, and now I'm the old-timer teaching the young ones by example and through my stories of those days.

I'm getting some things done but not as quickly as I had thought I would - but there is real value in remembering and doing a little day-dreaming, and what the heck, we've got plenty of time now...

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: