View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Day View Post
I don't know if they are old fashioned, but Federal sells hundreds of thousands of rounds of newly made paper hulls every year. I buy 5-6 cases every year. I get at least one, maybe two reloads out of them, less than plastic hulls. I use a MEC progressive loader. The Hogdan reloading manuals list loads for them, have you looked there?
I have not even purchased my press. I'm just in the "Think I'll start reloading shotshells phase."

I'm going to be totally honest here. I've always been put off at shotshell reloading because it seemed so complex. How can that be? Loading for rifles/pistols has always been pretty easy. I've been reloading rifle/pistol rounds for decades. My entire adult life. Also, historically, shotshells weren't that expensive. I'd buy a case or two a year and they'd tide me over. Now I'm entering this damascus shotgun phase and while I can buy Polywad and RST shells...I'm thinking about reloading. I want to charge up some non-toxic 16s too, and I can never find non-toxic shells for my 16s locally.

I also want to load some heavy 12s; non-toxic that I can shoot in my Win Model 12s. I could kill a dozen geese daily outside my back door with a baseball bat - nearly. It's posted however, and I have to drive about a mile to get to legal shooting.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote