View Single Post
Unread 02-22-2021, 04:51 PM   #12
Joe from MO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,121 Times in 422 Posts

I am a relatively new member to this forum, less than a year. I read way more than I write on here. One thing I have noticed though, people like Brian Dudley know more about Parker guns than anyone I've seen, details that most of us will never even notice.

If he says, have your gun checked out, it's probably a good idea to do so.

I wouldn't take any of the comments made as anything more than truthful opinions. Sometimes, they may not be what a person wants to hear or read.

If you are very happy with your gun, then that is really all that matters. But from what I read here, the comments were truthful comments based on what was observed, and nothing more. I wouldn't be upset about that.

I mentioned this when I first joined, I made the mistake of putting a Siler lock on a Southern Mountain flintlock I made, and posted pics of it on the American Longrifles site. I still have rug burn over that one, cause any idiot knows you don't put a Germanic lock on a Southern Mountain rifle. :-)

Live and Learn. Welcome to the site!