View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #23
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

Shane,

If you can buy bulk (loose shot) Tungston Matrix please do so and load up!!! You will of course owe me your source since I've never seen bulk TI for sale.

ITX is okay at best. Some like Bismuth which provides good performance but not that of TI or lead.

Nice Shot is my favorite of the AVAILABLE non-toxic loads. It provides performance close to lead. My load of an ounce and a eight of #2 in a 12 bore at 1200 FPS laid out Canada Geese over my pond at 60 yards. I also used 1 and 3/8 oz in 10 bores with equal success! During the early goose season I had an incident of multiple severely wombed geese with two shoots from a rather well used EH Parker. I wish I had a witness and photo of that! Oh, it was one of those days when I was glad it was the early season allows a bag limit of 5 geese! Yup, filled my limit with 2 shots to drop them and 2 perhaps unnecessary clean up shots.

Be advised that the hardness of Nice Shot raises pressures by apporimately 1500 PSI (per their website). I started with a 7000 PSI load and with the additional 1500 PSI well in the safe working range of my GOOD CONDITION LC Smiths and Parker #2 and 3 Frame Damascus barreled guns. If you shoot Damascus You will of course have to determine if your gun meets the condition and design for a given pressures. Please refer to page 515 of the Parker story for Service Working Limits for pressure for each of Parker's gauges and frame sizes.

Shoot well and shoot safely,
Mark
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote