View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2021, 01:22 PM   #10
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
I don't believe the Gaugemates had a rubber o ring. Those were Chambermates. At least all the Gaugemates I've had or still own never had o rings. The Golds came in a soft case with a brush and tool to remove them. They also had part of the lip removed so they could be used with ejectors. They also cost 150 compared to the $50 " Silver " Gaugemates. I only got bit one time. After that I'd just grind off a 1/4 of the lip and have the same thing without the little accessory pack. At one time I had 12/28 and they worked of skeet ok. I never did understand how the bore could be so much bigger and still work. Guess everything happens within the shell. They aren't made anymore. The last I knew was they only were making adapters for pistols or rifles.
These are the ones I had but in 10-16ga. I didnt really care for them they didnt extract well and the orings were fragile .Never tried any like the little skeeters but if I was to buy chamber adapters again I would probably go with something like those .Or if I was going to shoot that many sub gauge shells spend the money on the Briley tubes .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101159991_111221_57EE76DD6F2B43D0.jpg (68.6 KB, 1 views)
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milton C Starr For Your Post: