View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2020, 05:59 AM   #9
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,597 Times in 3,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Salgado View Post
Thanks everyone, as an update, the tumor biopsy came back as cancer, we had the consultation with the oncologist this morning. After reviewing everything and examining Piper he advised us that the cancer was a rarer form of breast cancer in dogs. The oncologist advised that it is very aggressive and will most likely return or most likely spread to the chest/lungs, he advised chemotherapy. The oncologist provided us with paper work to go over at home and discuss and make a decision on what we wished to do, either wait and see or begin the chemotherapy. We have decided to begin the chemo , particularly because of how fast and large the tumor grew, and given the fact that the connected lymph node was clear and it hadn’t spread . We’re hoping the course of chemo will stop it at the site of where the tumor was removed. Thanks again for all the prayers and support.
Take care,
Tim
Tim, I feel for you. We just went through two cancer cases in the past year. For what it's worth, chemo was well tolerated by our male. Dogs are tough. The don't complain and always are optimistic. Some of that optimism will rub off on you. Enjoy every second you have with your precious one.
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: