View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2019, 07:17 PM   #6
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,531 Times in 3,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Christie View Post
Craig- best wishes for the goose with the EH. I too have a EH 3 frame 32 inch barrel made in 1899. SN 91071. I killed a lot of geese this year and got many of them with the EH. It killed the biggest goose I or my partner had ever seen around here. Two ounces shy of 14 pounds. Love that gun. No cripples. I used RST 2’s as they (RST) believe they pattern best. I don’t know. I used to hunt in the Valley out by Harrisonburg when I lived in Falls Church. Field hunting. As we say, “Take ‘em!” Good luck. Jeff
That pond is in Madison County not to far from US-15 . I’ve got Bismuth 1’s , 2’s and 4’s loaded . All 1 1/4 ounce pushed with 30 grains of SR7625 . I don’t load these by volume using the shot bar on the loader I weigh them on a scale , sounds kinda anal I’ll admit but that’s what I do . When I first started loading Bismuth 3 or 4 years ago all the folks I buy from were out of #2’s and I’ve never been a fan of BB’s so I went with #1’s , then last year BPI I think it was had Bismuth on sale so I got some #2 and #4 .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigThompson For Your Post: