View Single Post
Unread 08-14-2018, 07:49 PM   #11
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Bill, the only "solution" to such a situation is to continue nominating those members you believe deserve recognition for what they have done for the PGCA.

It was set up so that members are nominated by other members and there is to be no interference by those in a position to 'tilt the scales' so to speak. The three Members with the most nominations are those who receive the award.
A member can nominate as many names as he wishes, just as long as he casts only one nomination per year per name.
If one or more of your favorites has achieved, through his deeds, a level of recognition then I am sure others will have noticed and will also cast a nomination for this person(s).

I can't help but think if one of your favorites hasn't received the Distinguished Service Award by now it is because others may not share your opinion or that this member has been 'inactive' or may have conducted himself in such a way that he may have lowered himself in the eyes of his peers.

I wish I could be of more help but it's not up to me who receives these Distinguished Service Awards.

Best Regards,
Dean

Distinguished Service Award: The purpose of the PGCA Distinguished Service Award Pin program is to adopt a way to recognize a member's personal contributions of spirit, time, dedication and reliability unselfishly donated for the good of the organization. These members will be recognized before their peers at an official PGCA function, primarily the PGCA Annual Meeting and Banquet.

The members recognized will have gone 'above and beyond ' the ordinary and will have distanced themselves by the merit of their deeds. They will have furthered the mission of the PGCA and will have promoted good will and fellowship among members and visitors at activities including the Forum, PGCA sanctioned events, PGCA displays, and PGCA 'headquarters' at shows and events. They will have given freely of their time in doing these deeds and will have presented a friendly face of the PGCA.

The award for each recipient will be a lapel pin replicating the distinct outline and engraving of the fore end tip of a high grade Parker gun. The recipient will also receive an award letter that is suitable for framing.

Members of the PGCA who have received the Distinguished Service Award Pin have their names placed on an Distinguished Service Honor Roll to provide a permanent record of their extraordinary service to the Parker Gun Collectors Association.

If you would like to nominate a fellow PGCA member to be considered for the Distinguished Service Award fill out a nomination form and submit it to the PGCA.

Nominations are accumulated for a rolling three-year period. After a name has been in the nominations file for three consecutive years it will drop off leaving only current (within a calendar three years) entries for that nominee.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote