View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2017, 09:38 PM   #53
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,424 Times in 686 Posts

I was at sea transporting a load of gasoline, and diverting from our scheduled course (which would have been Tampa), when my copy of the Fall issue was delivered. So, it was today, being now home, that I had an opportunity to start reading it. I have learned about Dean Romig's singular experience discovering the John Elliott family 20 gauge, and just finished with the first of a number of essays on the Parker Mystique -- the piece by Mike Franzen, the originator of the new column.

Were I to put the newsletter down right now (which I won't) there is nothing I would have needed to read, view, or listen to for the rest of the evening for me to be thoroughly entertained. And, stirred as well, as the 20 gauge Elliott skeet gun article moved me to compare the engraving on my father's 1915-issue DHE 12 gauge, with the Remington-era DHE engraving depicted in the piece. Now, if I could only find out whose initials those are on the shield of Dad's DHE....

Next up for me to read are further contributions in the new column, which are sure to be engaging.

Only PGCA Members receive this publication, right?

Thank you Mike Franzen for your idea for such a column, for your riveting essay, and many thanks to the many volunteer contributors, editors and activists behind PARKER PAGES For the American Sportsman.
Russell E. Cleary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russell E. Cleary For Your Post: