View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2017, 10:52 PM   #15
Jim DiSpagno
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 2,573 Times in 774 Posts

Besides my Father's GHE 12 with 30" bbls, I also inherited his model 24 in 16 ga with 28" bbls. He never hunted with the Parker and the Win. 24 was his all around gun. He used it for grouse in the Catskills, pheasants and rabbits in Dutchess Cty NY, ducks and geese in Staten Island during the "good old days" , woodcock in the northeast Poconos and deer in shotgun only zones in NYS and NJ. He was a hell of a wing shooter and that old 24 was deadly in his hands. One of the most incredible shots I've ever witnessed was deer hunting in Rhinebeck NY in 1985 when the Old Man was 70. As we were walking up a tote road, a big 8 point buck broke from cover about 50 yards in front of us and went airborne over the old slate walls. Pop swung on it with that old 16 and put 2 pumpkin balls in his neck mid flight and it fell dead in the middle of the tote road. After he passed, I used his Parker on pheasants and the 24 on turkeys and pheasants. I can't miss with that old warclub. Even on clays, it's hard to miss. I guess it's like the words from that old song," ummm your wife is ugly, yeah but she can really cook"
Jim DiSpagno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jim DiSpagno For Your Post: