View Single Post
Unread 02-26-2019, 03:39 PM   #7
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Garry, thanks, thats a nice post, I will show this to my wife. I am trying to get across how good my wife is with these dogs. She told me that doberman she had went to 5 different homes before she got him. She said that dog ended up being the best dog she ever had. I think he knew he hit the lottery when she got him. She was worried when we met because he didn't like men. Somehow he realized that my wife (girlfriend back then) was safe with me. He relaxed and we had some good moments together. I think our brittany is really the same way, he was stuck in a kennel all day and fed to much. After he hunted for about 2 weeks straight during the season, he became a different dog, I could not of planted a video of the "perfect grouse dog" in his head and had him do any better. I was in shock really, he would run with his head up in the air smelling for scent, he would put his head down like a beagle, he was learning to check back with me, quartering just the right way, and the right distance for the cover we were in. Hap the breeder and my friend Fred who has 2 brittanies are so proud of what has happened to that dog. I really am a changed person because of my wife and those 3 dogs we have. I have another story about 2 guys at the pheasant farm watching cash that is hard to believe what cash did there too. This picture is in spring of 2018, I went to the 5 acres where my friend keeps his quail, I set one quail, he pointed the quail and it flew over the fence, cash kept quartering, and went on point again, I took a picture, he stayed on point for at least 5 minutes, I walked up and another quail took off that was by another part of the fence line. The breeder had been there earlier that morning training and it was one of the quail he used that morning. Thank you again, Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cash pointing quail.jpg (506.4 KB, 0 views)
Ed Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ed Norman For Your Post: