View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #26
Dean Freeman
Forum Associate

Member Info

I was thinking of replacing the tumbler on my lock with the tumbler from a 2xxx series lock. It looked like it would change out, but I didn't look very close. I wanted to pose the question here before I even tried. If the tumblers won't exchange, then I suppose it's a moot point. But since we are on the subject. If you could exchange the tumblers, would this be a good idea or not?

Thanks Brian, you're always a great source of information. It looked as though the locks are identical except for a round bottom on the tumbler which is in turn forced back when the sear comes in contact with it. I'll post some pics later.

On another note, the locks from the 2xxx series gun were embellished at bit more than mine. Interesting and beautiful swirls (I'll try to post pics later). The action seems to be from the same $grade as my gun though. I would have simply traded lock for lock since the others were prettier than mine anyway with more color remaining. Alas, they needed some work to fit properly and wouldn't you know it, I don't have an annealing oven.
Regardless, 1351 is beautiful in my eyes and will hopefully be a looker once again some day.