View Single Post
Unread 02-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #20
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,663 Times in 3,101 Posts

Just for the record, here's my "order." Rest assured I get no discount for sending business Parker Bros.' way.

I'll take a 1904 year gun and adjust the funds back for retro-inflation. I like the engraving from this era better and this gun would have the wear compensating insert since I will shoot it a great deal. My gun will be an AH (no ejectors, I'm a very early reloader) 16 gauge, built on the 0 frame and weighing just at 6 lbs 4 oz. It will have 2 9/16 chambers, 30 inch barrels with a special order of Bernard Steel. Its stock will be a straight/splinter configuration and will have the skeleton butt plate. I'll specify setters onlyfor the engraving (they'd be Gordons, but no one could tell but me) and also include quail, grouse and woodcock. The chokes would be open, to shoot 55%/65% with #7 shot. The drop at the heel of the 15 " butt stock would be 2 1/4 inches for rising birds. I'd have my initials engraved in the gold inlay on the stock.

How's that for dreaming?!
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: