Thread: Release trigger
View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #19
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,140 Posts

If I was still shooting trap, I would LOVE to have a Parker SBT with a release trigger!
I shot an Allem's trigger in my Perazzi on live birds, and a release on a Beretta 391 on sporting clays, for years.
The need for a release is mostly brought on by high volume shooting on repetitive targets. (think trap)
Ironically, I never used a release back when I shot trap. I went to a release on sporting clays to smooth out my game, which it did. It took about 25 shots to master, and added an average of 3 targets per 100 to my game, which was enough to make a difference in quite a few shoots.
I haven't shot any competitive targets in about 5 years, but I can switch back and forth between release/pull/ and double triggers with no problems.
A great example of the effectiveness of the release trigger; My old buddy, Don Criswell, struggled with a flinch for years. Sometimes it was painfull to watch him shoot. He switched to a Beretta 391 and a release trigger, and shot straight up to Master's Class in no time.
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote