View Single Post
Unread 11-25-2021, 03:38 PM   #3
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
Not a fine double but I'll share some pics of a Winchester Model 1912 Tournament Grade pump gun I've been working out with at sporting over the past few weeks. That is, between grouse and some duck hunting. 12-gauge with 32-inch solid rib barrel, Full choke. "Nickel Steel". Man she smokes the clays if I do my part. 104 years old ..... Cody says she was made in November 1917.
Thats a rare gun! Does the gun have its original bluing and finish? Also most of these guns were 30 inch barrels. I collected Winchesters for over 40 years and had several model 12's but hardly ever saw a Tournament grade. The closest model 12 I had to yours was a black diamond(stamped trap) made in 1922 with a 30 inch barrel and 2 pin milled rib. I wished that I would have kept that gun as it was in excellent original condition. Also had a Model 12-20 gauge stamped(standard trap) that was in almost new condition except for some flaking that is almost seen on every early M-12 of the era. It was one of my favorite guns in my collection.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Bastiani For Your Post: