View Single Post
Thanks here are of Pics of the metal + my research letter
Unread 02-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
Larry Angus
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Thanks here are of Pics of the metal + my research letter

Here are some pics of the metal minus the barrells. My barrells are approximately 75% with one very tiny ding that does not showing on inside. The barrells inside are very shiney with no pits at all.

As I said the wood is away at Turnbulls and I will discuss the correct checkering with them before they start the job. I will be happy to let you know what I pay for the checkering and the finish once I approve their quote.

I know this is only a Trojan, but I think it is in very good shape and I was always proud to own it even before I knew anything about Parker shotguns. Once I learned what is was I was suprised to find out how much tempered finish was left on the frame. The photos only show the tempering on the forend metal and the water table. I am really glad that I learned enough to leave it alone. I almost had the metal refinished, but retrieved it from my smith before it was sent out. I had a bad feeling that I was doing the wrong thing and after joining this association I called my gunsmith and put the brakes on!

This gun was owned by my grandfather and I have babied it since I was a kid (I'm 58 now). I used to love cleaning my father's and grandfather's guns when I was a kid and the parker was one of the one I enjoyed taking apart and lightly cleaning. I will eventually give this gun and many others to my grandson.

Enjoy the pics and my research letter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan 001.JPG (413.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Trojan 002.JPG (374.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Trojan 003.JPG (344.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Trojan 004.JPG (376.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Trojan 005.JPG (329.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Trojan 006.JPG (364.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Trojan 007.JPG (322.1 KB, 18 views)
LarryAngus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LarryAngus For Your Post:
Visit LarryAngus's homepage!